3 minute step test
You will need:
– A step approximately 30 cm high (you could use the bottom step on the stairs).
– A stop watch or clock.
– A metronome counter set at 96bpm (use this video link here – please right click to open in new tab).
1. Start the metronome counter, and set yourself a timer for 3 minutes.
2. Step on and off the step one foot at a time (up, up, down, down), stepping at a consistent pace to the beat of the metronome counter.
3. Perform this for 3 minutes without stopping. If you need to rest at any point, try to remain standing.
4. Once the 3 minutes is up, check your pulse. Count the number of beats for 60 seconds. Record this number and submit using the form below.