17 October 2020
Push Up Test
You will need:
– An exercise mat
1. Start in a high plank position, with the wrists under the shoulders and the weight through the hands and the feet. The elbows should be straight, with a straight spine and core engaged.
2. Bending at the elbows, lower the body, maintaining neutral spine. Elbow must be flexed to 90 degrees at the bottom of the movement.
3. Push back to starting position.
4. Complete as many push-ups with good form as possible continuously, with no resting. Do not count incomplete push-ups. Stop the test when you strain forcibly or are unable to perform two consecutive push-ups with the correct technique.
5. There is no time limit or set tempo.
6. Total and record the number of correctly executed push-ups.
Modified push up test: Participants support their body from a modified push-up starting position with back and arms straight while supported by the hands and knees.