17 October 2020
Modified Sit and Reach Test
You will need:
– A ruler or tape measure
– A step or box
– Some tape, or something to lay down as a marker
1. Sit on the floor with the soles of the feet up against the step or box.
2. Sit upright, creating a L shape with the torso and the legs, try and have straight knees.
3. Hold the arms out in front of you at shoulder height, with hand on top of the other. Mark on the floor here, to create your ‘0cm’ mark. Place the 0cm mark of the ruler or tape measure at this point.
4. Slowly reach forward, keeping one hand on top the other, reaching as far forward as you can and hold for 2 seconds.
5. Mark the reading you have reached on the tape measure, record this number in centimetres.