Our Pelvic Health Physiotherapist Kirsty is an Advanced Pregnancy Wellness Practitioner, and she offers a wide range of services to help women who are pregnant or have had their baby.
Antenatal package includes:
• Full musculoskeletal assessment
• Advice on exercise during pregnancy
• Advice on the signs & symptoms of when to stop exercising.
• Pelvic floor advice and strengthening
• Teaching ‘The Knack’ for the pelvic floor
• Perineal prep advice and education
• Advice on activities and positions to help you optimise your pelvis during each stage of labour.
Kirsty also offers you a bespoke exercise programme including 1:1 Pilates created just for you, that is safe to complete throughout your pregnancy.
Postnatal package includes:
Kirsty is a fully qualified Mummy MOT® & postnatal wellness practitioner.
The Mummy MOT is a comprehensive postnatal check, which is suitable from 6 weeks postpartum. The assessment lasts for 60 minutes and Kirsty will check
• Tummy gap
• C section scar
• Pelvic floor muscles
• Functional Movement
• Screen for Incontinence, Prolapse, Pelvic Girdle Pain.
A bespoke treatment plan will be created based on the findings of your assessment which may include pelvic floor education and strengthening exercises, mobility and strength exercise prescription, C-section recovery advice or manual therapy.
These services are available at our Hale and Bury clinics.